Thursday, August 9, 2007

Stung in the Neck

That's right. Stung in the neck. I usually don;t talk about my life per se, but I was stung in the neck yesterday and it hurt. Anyway, enough about me, let's blog.

So I have been way to busy to blog, but feel like I should anyway. I am choosing a career where words are what I do, and I sort of feel I need to work this is as a discipline. Martin Luther said he prayed 2 hours a day, except when he had a lot to do, then he prayed for three hours, and I am going to try to take the same approach here. That's not to say I will always fulfill my blogging promises, but I am going to try.

Last week we painted the church boarding house, and I wish I had pictures to show you. I looks awesome. I don;t have pictures, however, because my computer crapped the bed. I am getting a new one, but not for a few weeks, so no pictures until then. Sorry.

If any of you know me, then you know that I can get stuck in a work mode, and that is what I am in right now- what does that mean for you? It means I have nothing really profound to tell the world wide web at this moment.

We are gearing up for fall here in Amherst. We are launching 3 services, and that has a lot of work associated with it. To give you and idea of what we need to do in Amherst I thought I would tell you a little of the work projects I have.

Paint the Boarding House- over 6,000 square feet of house.
Tile the basement floors- I ripped out the old tiles because they were aquamarine and ugly, and now I have to put new stuff down
Put in new windows- We got them from Home Depot, and now IO have to install them
Get the new logo and church material ready- We need new programs, info cards, etc. with the new logo on them
Think of UMass out reach- one thing we are doing is cup give aways. The cups will have goodies in them for the freshman, but we need to order the cups, and so we need the new logo
And finally I am doing more artwork.

I am painting 3 outside pieces as well as painting a giant (4 foot by 8 foot) painting for every sermon this fall. The paintings will be tied into the sermon as another way for people to encounter God. We are doing this partly because the last time we did this- Easter- it worked out great. Outsiders have even thought we hired a professional to paint the pictures. ( I am patting my own back right now) I will have pictures up of my last series for those of you who didn't see it, as well as my new.

Well that's all for now. Maybe next week I will blow you away with my profoundity.

No comments: