Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Stigmata

Yesterday I got a nail through my foot, hence the title of today's blog. It was a really old rusty nail. I had to wait 3 hours at the ER because they ran out of tetanus shots. I eventually got one, but where they found it I don't know. Anyway, did you know that my blog is also visible through the MERCYhouse website- knowmercy.org? Well it is. Anyway, I will be trying to blog both here and on the MERCYhouse space. This blog is going to be more personal- what's going on in my life and my families, and the MERCYhouse blog is going to have more of a theological and church direction feel. I hope to blog once a week here and once a week there. I haven't been the best about one site, though, so I feel like I am going to need more discipline than I have.

One help will be that I will return to a normal schedule. For those of you who remember all the projects I had to get done, well I finished all but one wall, and that will be done tomorrow, so that should free up a ton of time for writing.

One more aside, I didn't post a sermon because I didn't write one. I have just an outline, and I kind of winged it. After much thought, I decided that I need to stop relying on my manuscript, and memorize the main points I want to talk about and use a brief outline for the rest. I got a lot of positive feedback, so although my blog suffered, I think it was for the best. You can here the sermon at knowmercy.org.


One last thing for the next few days- I am trying to get this church up to date technologically. My goal is top get rid of all the sound equipment and turn it in for a good computer with some awesome sound hardware and software. Second, I would like to in the future put my sermon outline on power point and "hide" 2 video monitors in our stage so I could not hold 8 pieces of paper- that is just a dream though.

Have a great week, and I hope to blog Saturday about our fall launch.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Nate, you're doing an awesome job, and I'm thankful for the good work Christ is doing in you. I'm glad the nail didn't do you in. -Austin