Friday, January 25, 2008

Semester Plans

In my attempt to be more disciplined, I am blogging twice this week. Hurray! I just want to fill all of you in on my plans for the semester. If you read the last post, then you already know that I hope to do an outreach bible study, so I got that going on.

The next thing I am planning on starting is a help group for self mutilators. As I study the community, I see more people with this problem than you might think. Also, there is very little to no help for them. Sure there are trained therapists, but even they would tell you that the best cure is hanging out with others with the struggle and hearing how they have succeeded in not hurting themselves anymore. Since I used to do this, I think I can be a real help to people who do it. The plan is to have a 12 step type group that meets in MERCYhouse on Saturday afternoons. At least that is plan for now. We will see how it goes. Both the time and day are able to be changed, but I figured I needed a starting point.


I plan to continue the leadership house church. It continues to grow, and I don't know where we will put everyone, but it is bearing so much fruit I would hate to not have it.

I also am planning to devote 20 hours a week to Umass. To meeting kids on campus, eating lunch on campus, doing that doubt night on campus, getting all my coffee on campus, and even getting a table on campus. I figure if I want to start a church on campus in September, I better start fishing now.

The general idea is to find some seekers who are not really Christian yet, and get them to become Christians, and then get them to start a church with me. The only way to do this is to be on campus, so that is what I will be doing.

That is generally my plans I will keep you posted. I also will hopefully blog about something more interesting next week. See you then.

No comments: